Friday 4 December 2015

I have been collecting since I was a small boy - My main inspiration for collecting being the first Star Wars film in 1977. I have always collected loose figures and for a young kid looked after them well, managing to stop their weapons going up in the vacum cleaner. I kept the Star Wars collection into adulthood and have revisited it many times over the years to top up! As a child I also had a fantastic corgi, Matchbox and Dinky collection which I shared with my brother. These well worn vehicles were an endless source of joy in the days before computer games! Unfortunately this collection was lost to the local jumble sale however I remember well the items I played with and seek them out for my shop whenever I come across them. All of my listings mean something to me and I only hope my customers can get the same joy from the toys and memorabilia I continue to have. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions about the toys and collectables I have on display. A word about the psychology of adult collecting: Many of you may not be aware the reason you collect. Indulge me for a minute if you will. Our lives now are packed with stress, deadlines, angry customers, everybody wants everything now, cheaper, faster, better quality and if you can't do it they will find somebody that will!!! The pace of modern life makes us yearn for a simpler time, an easier carefree time a time when there was no money, deadlines, angry bosses, irate customers.......... that time is of course our childhood! Whilst we haven't invented the time machine, I like to think I offer the next best thing, the toys from our childhood. Just holding playing with remembering that toy and the joy it brought you as a child winds the clock back and sets you free. My items are a time machine in themselves, stress relief from the modern world. Imagine the thrill that next parcel will bring................ ;)

No comments: