Thursday 2 July 2009

$3/6 Here we come


Okay my roll has now hit $1800. Time for $3/6 limit. I know I win all the way up to $5/10 so won't be a problem. I will give myself some leeway and move back down again if I have a poor session. Also because i have decided i play $3/6 doesn't preclude me from playing at lower limits. I always select the best game. A $2/4 game with 45% VPIP is way better that a 25% 3/6 game.

Next stop $2400 and $4/8!

My plan is not to cash out this time and have a wad of a roll ready for when I retire. I have decided that going pro is out of the question and I will just remain a profitable amateur until I retire. Gambling will then be a supplementary form of income for me then on top of my pension.

I don't retire until 2027 so I have a bit of time left. A 50k roll should do the trick!

My career winnings are $15k so far so I should be able to hit my goal by 2027 if the internet is still there!

As well as poker I'm looking to sports bet more seriously. I have been betting Wimbledon and am significantly ahead. I will bet the rest of the tennis season and look to see if I can make a profit in the coming year.
It's hard not to tilt as sportsbetting though. Even a good selection in which you have invested time and effort can look a bit tilty when you see it from another viewpoint.

There's the plan, now I have to execute.

I think the only thing standing in my way is if the Mrs and I have kids. That will seriously limit the amount of poker I can play.

No comments: