Wednesday 14 September 2011

BetTips App Review

Okay so I have now placed 102 bets with the bet tips app. Price £12.99

They have lost me money, not at a rapid rate and their handicapping is far from poor.

I have to say that it is hard to professionally evaluate their app in full detail as each bet has a recommended stake generally between 10 and 100 units, dependent on their evaluation of the strength of the tip. One sad bet was recommended at 200 units which lost and this bet has basically cost me a profit with the app overall. If you bet level stakes then over the past 102 bets you would have lost money. In fact you would have lost 3.02 betting units over a 102 bet period.

Due to the 200 unit double cert bet they recommended this also lost money for the app.

I have to say that it may be profitable in the long run like over 1000 bets however I don't have the inclination to further test it as if it can't beat a 100 bet run then in all probability it is not profitable.

All I will say is that if you like to gamble for fun for small stakes this app is better than a random approach or betting on your local home team however the app should really make a profit over a 100 bet period in order to prove worthwhile.

I do believe that whilst the handicapping of the authors is sound they have little understanding of the concept of value. Ie if you back at odds of 1.44 then you need to win more than 2 out of 3 to be profitable. Some of these short priced bets, particularly on soccer are going to struggle in the long run. In my view the same goes for backing a baseball team at 1.56. The 1.56 line suggests that the team will win slightly more than 2 out of 3 times. The New York Yankees have a 300 - 188 win/loss record so as you can see they don't win 2 out of 3, not even close so how can these odds be right to back at?

My advice - Could be good for a bit of fun but if you want to make money forget it!

No comments: