Saturday 28 February 2009

I dunno, maybe I just play like shit. Maybe I would beat tougher games by more. Who knows. Last month I had $700 on Bodog, now I have $326.
I'm just getting my ass handed to me by 50/1 idiots, maybe I just play like a bafoon, I have no fucking idea.
Today's fun hand or one of them goes something like this, I have 99 in the big blind, 4 limpers and I check, there is a thin value raise in there however when they will all call and you face 4 overcards and all the backdoor draws that they will call with post flop I'm better off checking.
So the flop comes KTx. I check and the field checks, turn is an 8, I check the field checks, river is a 3. I think well nobody bet the flop or turn therefore my 99 must be good, so I bet, the cutoff calls showing 83s and I lose the pot.
This is the story of the last week or so. An argument could be made for me no longer having the bankroll to play 1/2 as I only have $630.
Once my PKR cashout comes through I'm going to go to Boss Media and get a bonus with 30% RB. A month on there and about 10k hands should get me some RB money so I won't have to run good to make money.
I ask myself, did I play the hand okay? Can I just give up my A9o on a J8x rainbow flop with 3 to the flop? Do I have to cbet? I seem to cbet here, always get floated then I have to decide on the turn, which I will always miss what to do now. It's madness.
This is my conclusion, I'm good at poker, I've put a lot of time and effort into becoming good, but when I won big I was bloody lucky. I think we can convince ourselves that we are skillful but at the end of the day when you buy a scratch card and you scratch off the winner you need 3 things, 1 the money to purchase the card, 2 a coin to scratch the layer off with and 3 a working apendage with which to hold the coin. That is the sum of the skill required. Poker is the same.
Okay XBox time I think, I'll only get an american kid taking the piss out of me for being a crap shot though but at least won't cost me $400.

No comments: