Saturday 21 February 2009

I'm quiting NL for a while.
I just have to admit that I'm a limit player. My main reason is that I've used 25NL to build my bankroll but now that I can play 1/2limit the RB and bonus whoring is just so much better with Limit. All you have to do is just break even and you will win courtesy of the RB etc. In NL RB is hardly even a factor. Playing 1 month of 25NL with 30% RB I got the princley sum of $30. I would make 5-10 times that playing limit. Granted I did beat the games for over 10bb/100 but at 25NL the money just isn't there.
I'm going to try to claw my way up to $5/10 Limit and stay there raking in the RB.
The other thing is that I'm not that good at NL. The move up to 50NL is tough. The players are better and the skill gap is more pronounced compared to limit. You move up say from .50/1 to 1/2 at limit you won't notice much of a difference. In NL certainly all the complete muppetts get filtered out leaving you to fathom if your set is good against a 4 card str8. No profit there!
Leave it with me, I'm getting there but progress is slow.
I have to admit that I must have been lucky when I made my first $10k I'm struggling to keep up to $1k at the mo but I'll run good and all will change.

No comments: