Sunday 9 November 2008

Live tourney

Played in the EMS championships yesterday at Dusk Till Dawn, Nottingham. Very nice venue and excellently run tournament.

I feel that I played okay and at the end of the day you have to get lucky to do well in these things. I came in the mid 30s out of about 48 starters. Once the blinds get to a certain level the i feel you have to get your chips into the middle and start ante stealing or you are just dead. I had pushed 3 hands in a row and looked down to see ATh. I considered folding as my image was becoming loose however at the end of the day i couldn't just sit there so I shoved again and got looked up by AQo. I figured unless I ran into a premium hand the opposition wouldn't want to call of their chips, but I did and the board didn't help me.

I have played some more limit this morinng, I added a 4th table however things didn't go well and I found myself $50 down after about 1 1/2 hours so I'm having a rest.

Will crack on again later and perhaps go back down to 3 tables until I win back.

No comments: