Thursday 6 November 2008

So I have started from scratch and am now rebuilding.

I have turned my $200 into $700 so all is good, I'm comfortably beating the games and will move up once I hit $1000. This shouldn't take too long however I yearn for the rush of higher stakes play. I am naturally conservative so I will be taking my time getting there.

My mantra has always been to try to become a student of the game. I have read over 30 poker books and this will increase I assure you.

I'm a bit disappointed at the moment as I ordered Heads up No Limit Holdem by Colin Mosham from Amazon and they have emailed me to say that they cannot send it!

Oh well, the 6 max limit book by DG publishing is out 30/11 so I will be forking out for that one. I struggle to function without a good poker book to devour.

My latest reads are Power Holdem Strategy by Daniel Negranu and The Secrets of Professional Poker by Rolf Slothboom.

Negranu's book is excellent and I would recommend it to anybody, I particularly enjoyed his chapter on Small Ball and liked his thinking on using extra outs, I will try to incorporate this into my game.

Slothboam's book is a bit wierd. I love to see anybody's ideas and i certainly like Slothboom's approach however he admits to being a bit tight and seems to base his analysis on laying in tight games with high rake on the european poker scene which may not be the same as the games that you or I play in. I will read anything believing all players have ideas which will help my game and Rolf is worth a look even if he goes against the grain in some areas.

No comments: