Friday 12 December 2008

Bad beat, bad play or just bad luck.


Played at Dusk Till Dawn last night. I always enjoy playing there but have 0 cashes out of 3 buy ins there.

I played in the 50 +5 and in the early stages played quite well, I felt I had a command of the table and I had solid reads on everybody. I was close to top in chips at the table at the first break, had about 7k.

I had hit a couple of nice hands and bluffed/semibluffed the rest with c bets.

Then some dude with a massive stack comes to the table, probably had 15k.

I have k9s in the cutoff and it's folded to me I raise , he calls and the flop comes k52 rainbow, I bet out a little over half the pot and he calls the turn is a harmless looking 2 he checks and I fire out 1800, he raises me all in. I now have about 3k left, the blinds are 100/200. and there is 5.5k in the pot.

I felt sure that the 2 had hit him however with all those chips he could have been doing the same thing with a kx hand jj tt or something similar, it's my first hand with this guy. The tournament at DTD is so fast that I don't feel you can fold top pair as within 20 minutes your decent looking stack is worthless. I call and he has indeed hit his 2 having called my raise with a2 and floated the flop.

I should have known the way these people get such a big stack relatively early in the tournament is by playing like a fish and getting very lucky.

I just wasn't good enough to lay it down. I can't help feeling that I was very unlucky but I run through the hand and I can't, barring over the top agression how I can play it different. I mean you have a king on a K52 board and then the 2 comes off, you don't exactly sit there woorying. I even thought about checking the turn for pot control when the 2 came off thinking it was one of his floating hands.

I'd much rather go out firing with a junk hand pushing all in short stacked than like that.

I'll get over it but it is safe to say that I won't be going to DTD all the time, I just can't seem to get a result there.

No comments: