Wednesday 20 May 2009

5th in an MTT.

Have just come 5/85 in a $15 MTT with 85 runners. Only got $35 but it's nice that my MTT game is in good shape. I feel confident about my MTTs and am cashing consistently, probably about 1 in 3 at the moment. My MTT game has certainly held me up recently.
I feel I'm a good limit cash player but the variance there is high. I even read an article by Carl Sampsom that he has given up playing limit due to the swings. I won't be giving up limit but it is swingy.
My NL cash game comes in a poor third. I just don't get what to do with your top pair type hands. It seems every time i hit top pr at the moment somebody goes in over the top of me leaving me with the sort of decision like do I want to call off all of my chips here with a pair of tens, especially when there is a streight or flush out there. The fishies will also call pot sized bets on the turn with the flush draw then bet the pot on the river when it hits. It's just so hard to fold the top pair/overpair hands when that happens, they don't even value bet to give you the odds to call they just barrel a big bet out there, and they always hit. I haven't caught a bluff in ages.
I still don't truly understand the value of my hand in NL. In limit it's easy, you just call down with top pair unless you have compelling evidence you are beaten. In NL it's hazy especially when players will draw to odd hands without the proper odds or just hit a set every time you are in with them.
I know I'm not running that good but I find it hard to get away from my hand.

No comments: