Tuesday 5 May 2009

So how's it going?


Okay bit of a 4 month review.

Poker. Progerss has been made. Having gone down from $1k to $400 now back to nearly $900 I'm fairly happy. I have control of my NL game but can't win at limit at all! I basically know what I'm doing at poker but it takes a lot of hands to build a decent bankroll. I just don't play enough hands/tables/hours. Overplaying is counterproductve so I'm happy but I'd just like to have a bigger roll and play higher. I would love to get back to a 10k roll which is where I feel I belong. I have to say that the competition is much tougher these days and even the fish who play too many hands have a firm grasp on post flop play.

Golf. Okay I can now scrape round the course in less than 100. I went round in 99 today and 92 last week so my golf is improving steadily however I was a better player about 4 years ago. I struggle with motivation at golf because I know I'll never be very good at it. I am not a big hitter and I struggle with this. If i can just get a little more consistent then all will be good. In all I'm pleased with my golf and it gets me out of the house which is a major bonus.

Career. Well I passed the promotion interview so that is a big positive however I'm still not promoted yet, I'm waiting for a position. At least I'm heading in the right direction there.

Relationship. Wife seems fairly happy, so long as I take her out every now and then and promise to take her on holiday towards the end of the year she'll stick around! We're happy together. We would like to spend more time together but work kind of gets in the way.

Issues: The only thing bugging me at the moment is that my internet connection has gone really crap for no reason. It has suddenly gone really slow and keeps disconnecting me, which really is shit for poker/xbox.
I've rang Netgear who were helpful but they haven't fixed my problem. AOL have the customer service of dead animals. I'd take my business elsewhere but they seem to be the only providers who connect here so i guess I'm stuck. I'd love the virgin package but they haven't dug up the footpaths in my area so i can't get it.
Oh and i'm fat and don't go to the gym enough.

If my only problems are middle aged spread and poor internet connection then I can't really complain.

My goals are to hit a $3k bankroll, get a sub 90 round in at golf and see my promotion through at work. Fairly achievable stuff by the end of the year!

No comments: