Wednesday 2 September 2009

Promoted - Sucks!


Okay so my promotion has finally come through at work and I start next week. So the boss calls me into his office for a chat. I think here we go, bit of a congratulatory talk, few words of encouragement and a few pointers and here we go!
Not a fucking bit of it mate.
An hour and a half of the boss basically telling me how shit I am, how he dosen't want me on his team and how if I mess up just one tiny bit he'll stick me on the way to a sacking faster that I can blink.
Well fucking great I'm really looking forward to this. I mean being a statistician it strikes me that the odds of me surviving my first 3 months without a severe bollocking are virtually nil. In my business my team will deal with about 2000 jobs in that time and only one of those has got to go wrong to screw me.
I'm confident I know what I'm doing however once they look to shaft you you're in trouble.
I mean could they have done more to knock my confidence or make me feel like shit.
I don't know if this is some sort of reverse psychology shit to try to get me to work harder but I just feel like they are trying to fuck me and i don't really want to work for them. That doesn't motivate me it just pisses me off.
I now approach my new position with trepidation knowing that the boss is the enemy.
I will prevail.

No comments: