Monday 12 January 2009

Okay, I am now a winning Limit Holdem Cash Player, winning NL cash Player, winning MTT player and winning Sng player.

I rate my skils as Limit Cash, MTT, NL cash, Sng in that order.

My NL cash is good to beat 25nl and I'm sure once I have the roll to play 50NL I will win but I think making the transition between limit and NL is proving mentally tough. The problem is that I have look at the board still as a limit player and put their range as a limit player would. In reality playing NL cash their ranges are much tighter.

I'm strong at contesting small pots and that's what keeps me afloat. i think I'm good when all my stack is not at stake as i can read the board better than NL players and understand the board in comparision with ranges and know where to pick up pots.

When my stack is at risk it becomes trickier.

An example from a cash game yeaterday. 25NL I raise UTG with AA folded to BB who calls. Flop T56 rainbow I bet out 2/3 pot and opponent raises. In my mind I knew he had a set, he just had to but I couldnt get away from it. I mean on that board what else could he have? He's not raising that flop with AT or a straight draw on that flop! He's got me beat.
Now you can look at his range and say well he's unknown he could have AT or the str8 draw or pocket jacks, I knew he had the set I call and lose my stack.
In limit you just cap the flop and then call down if he raises the turn only risking 3bb to get to showdown.
I do read the board but as is always my problem, I read the board, look at the betting put them on a hand and still call anyway beacuse I may be wrong and limit players don't fold!
Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself, I like to win at everything!

Anyway time to get my brother round and hand him his weekly ass kicking at xbox!

Oh and my BR is approaching the $800 mark so may be able to move up to 50nl soon but making a killing at limit and winning $160 at an MTT feels like cheating!

No comments: