Tuesday 6 January 2009

Well I have doubled up on PKR. It's always a nice feeling to have double the money you started with on a site so many positives there. My NL game is coming on nicely and I have to say that lowstakes NL is just so much easier to beat than limit. The limit guys just call you to the river with any 2 and you have to hit to win. It can be soul destroying to get dealt hands like AK,AQ etc and not hit and the fish take your dosh with 85o havinfg hit on the turn.
I am getting killed at limit at the moment although it is a swingy game, people talk about NL being swingy, I know I have less than 25k hands, at NL, but if you get your chips in the middle good then you're not going to get outdrawn all that often and over time you will be a big winner. In limit your AA can be up against as many as 4 different players all taking shots to get to the river and draw out. Those pots get big too and I can easily see $25-50 swings on 1 hand, a few and you're looking at a chunk of your roll.
That's the downside, I have lost over $150 on Bodog, there is some $1/2 limit action on there but I'm running terribly so this has stunted my bankroll growth. I hope I don't go bust on the site but I guess it's beyond my control.
I will also be interested to see how much rakeback I've earned from PKR. Their rake payday is on the 10th of each month so I will be interested to see how much they give me. I'll bet it's only $5 or something silly like that, still every little helps.
Oh and I just had a crack at 50NL. I bought in for $35 and crushed the game leaving with $70 so very nice. I'll try not to sniff $50 NL again for a while as if I lost a cople of buyins it would crush me(bankroll wise I mean).

No comments: